Saturday, June 7, 2008

Best shaving razor blade: Gillette Sensor

I’ve tried the newer razors with three, four, and yes even five blades. They are more expensive and I’ve found that they don’t offer any better of a shave than the 2-bladed variety, and the extra bulk in fact makes them more difficult to maneuver around the sharp contours of my face near the nose, mouth, and chin.

The Sensor Excel might be easier to find, but it is more expensive and the only difference is a strip of rubber fins which doesn’t do anything to improve the shaving experience.

Finally, you should consider buying from GreatRazors.com. I’m working my way through my first shipment from them, and I’m convinced that their cryogenically hardened razors stay sharper for longer. However they do cost about 25% than Amazon, so it’s a toss up if they’re worth it in the long run. But they are more environmental since you will be using fewer of them over your lifetime.
Get Gillette Sensor from Amazon

No comments: