Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Best headphones: Sennheiser HD-280 Pro

I’ve been an amateur musician since I was a teenager, and I’ve owned my fair share of headphones. For a long time, it was the Sony MDR-V6, and they are a really nice pair of headphones. But I really think Sennheiser’s sound better. The fine folks over at Headphone.com agree, saying:
These headphones sound terrific for sealed-earcup, full-size cans priced under $100... They are efficient enough to be well-driven by most portable audio players and laptop computers... The HD-280 Pro has also become the headphone choice of audio, film, and field recording/mixing professionals due to its clear tonal presentation, very effective ambient noise attenuation properties, and durable build quality. A true workhorse of a sealed-earcup headphone at a really hard-to-beat price.

Now I’m a bit of a headphone fanatic. I’ve own over 30 pairs of headphones in my life. Any while there are certainly different types of headphones I'd recommend for specialized scenarios (VOIP, exercise, airplane flights, etc.). But if I had to pick only one pair of headphones to use for the rest of my life, these would be it.

Get Sennheiser HD-280 Pro headphones from Amazon

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Great review. I might buy these for my husband. His old headphones are falling apart.