Sunday, June 1, 2008

Best hiking boots: LL Bean Cresta Hikers (GoreTex)


The LL Bean Cresta Hikers (GoreTex) are simply great all around hiking boots. I bought a pair about 10 years ago and have walked hundreds of miles in them through all different conditions and terrain. They are still going strong. I’ve had them on 4 different continents, hiking through Bhutan, Chile, Guatemala, New Zealand and the USA (Alaska, California, Colorado, Arizona etc.). I use them when I go snow shoeing (including back-country snowboarding), snow camping, and when I am backpacking or day hiking.

I have narrow feet, so the B-width options were critical for me. They also come in wide widths. And fit is the #1 feature to look for in a boot. They’re easy to put on, comfortable, and built to last. I’ve never gotten blisters in these boots. The GoreTex keeps your feet dry when you walk across streams or through slush.

They’ve been highly rated elsewhere (Outdoor Review, Backpacker magazine, Outside...) and LL Bean is a brand you can trust with great customer service. If you don’t like them at any time for any reason, you can return them for a refund.
Get Cresta Hikers from LL Bean

No comments: